Thunderbird freezing up in Windows 10 because of Windows Search
If you are using Thunderbird in Windows 10 and are plagued by Thunderbird freezing up or not responding, then it is likely due to Windows Search in Windows 10.
Fix this by:
- Go to Options.
- From the standard Thunderbird Menu: Tools: Options
(If you cannot see the Thunderbird menu, press the Alt key or F10 key on your keyboard to show the menu)
- From the 3 bars icon in the upper right: 3 bars icon: Options: Options
- Click on the Advanced section (second icon from the right on the top), then the General tab below that.
- Uncheck/disable "Allow Windows Search to search messages"
- Quit Thunderbird. Restart Thunderbird.
Last updated: 2017-Feb-16
||The information on this webpage is Public Domain. - Bruce A. Johnson